Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Scientist's Manifesto


Sigh...I'm late to the blog christening. I was up to my eyeballs in science data this week. 

I have this posted on the wall of my office. Don't remember where I found it, but it needs to be shared.
 
Scientists don't do a very good job of communicating science. We're being drowned out by goobers spewing junk science and using the internet to promote their views. It makes me nervous and uncomfortable. I've talked to friends and colleagues about it. I tried to start a conversation in a professional group on LinkedIn. I kid you not - the first commenter on both posts was an infamous junk science troll. I didn't want to call BS in the group and I was too annoyed to spend the time to rebut her ridiculousness in a politically correct reply, so I deleted one of the posts rather than let her use it as a means to promote whackaloon theories. 

Several email exchanges with kim-dude about the irony of the situation later...this blog was born. Kudos to KD for getting the ball rolling and posting like a fiend. I have some catching up to do...


1 comment: