Friday, December 21, 2012

An interview with @SarcasticRover

As proof that it never hurts to ask, I had the pleasure of getting to interview my favorite Twitter personality @SarcasticRover.  So here's some insight into the worlds snarkiest interplanetary explorer. 

No indication where the sarcasm module is located


Star Wars or Star Trek?
I like both Star Wars and Star Trek but if I had to choose I'd say Star Wars. [I'd like to think it's due to the importance of robots in Star Wars]

If you could have another robot up there to keep you company which would it be?
I'd have to say that one would have to be made in the future just like NASA is planning for the next decade.

You seem to be the only girl who doesn’t make a duck face in your self portrait, what’s up with that?
I don't make a duck face in my self portrait because they quack too much, I like swans.

If a vampire bites a zombie, who gets turned?
If a vampire bites a zomie then nothing would happen because zombies are already dead.

Did you always want to be a planetary scientist or did you have other dreams as a young robot, like deep sea exploration or defusing bombs?
I would have to say planetary scientist.

Who are your two favorite scientists, one human and one robot, and why?
My two favorite scientists would have to be Stephen Hawking and me, I think Steven Hawking because he just really has a great mind also he is just generally inspirational.
And me because I'm just so fucking awesome.

What did you do to keep from getting bored on your way to Mars?
Music and youtube videos, and online dating.

I stayed up late watching your entry, decent and landing.  I remember sitting in a briefing 7 years ago or so and thinking it sounded crazy.  How was it and were you worried considering some of the previous issues NASA has had with Mars missions?
No I wasn't worried at all.

Do you ever get in arguments with driver Matt Heverly about where you want to go?
I always get into arguments with Matt Heverly, who wouldn't?

Have you seen a rock that you really just wanted to laser the crap out of but weren’t allowed?
I always see rocks I want to laser the crap out of, I see one every second... typical for Martian rocks.

What’s your plan for if you encounter life?  Become a benevolent ruler?
Becoming a benevolent ruler is my top priority for being on Mars.

Do you have a favorite spot to just hang out and relax at after a hard day of doing a science?
Not really because there are always Martian storms and the hills are always really far away.

Why do think so many humans are so intimidated by science and how do you think we can fix that?
Most humans that are intimidated by science are mostly religious, and the reason why they're intimidated is because they know sooner or later science will prove god to be a lie.

Even though you’re going end up dying cold and alone on a desert planet, was it worth it?
Who says I'm going to end up dying alone? I've got my deck chair and martini.


 Hmm...a sarcastic Star Wars fan that kills time with online dating, I feel like maybe several of my friends might be Mars rovers.

Follow Sarcastic Rover on Facebook and Twitter


DO A SCIENCE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment